This page is dedicated to those who would rather spend their money on tools to make picks than to spend their money on the picks themselves.(i’m one of these people)
- One of the easiest ways to making home made lock picks is to get some basic supplies
- a basic grinder
- a dremel to will help greatly,but a couple pieces of different grit sand paper will do just fine
- pieces of thin metal:hack saw blades,pieces of sheet metal,metal duct work,or if you are just needing some quick picks a soda can with the top and bottom cut off and the middle flattened out.
- you don’t haveto use these but they can help:pick templates:you can get some on this page
- pair of pliers
- pair of work gloves
- saftey glasses
- pair of tin snips
- If you choose to use the pick templates then trace them onto your metal pieces and cut them to workable sizes
- Put on the gloves and fire up the grinder making sure to get a close as possible to your template as possible,it does’nt have to be perfect but the closer the better.
- I would reccomend starting out with the half diamond pick,because of its simple design
- if you plan on making tension wrenches I would recommend using alan wrenches,or two sides screw drivers
here is some info and videos about making home made lock picks